10 Things Your Business Should Know Before Starting a Website Project
Posted in: News
Published: June 10, 2009
I recently stumbled across a pretty good blog article by a Swedish web professional entitled “10 things businesses should know before building a website”. It’s covers some points worth considering before you get involved with any web development company.
The tips are excellent, and all web professionals are likely to have clients who could learn a lot from Esther’s list of tips:
- Understand what you want.
- It costs more and takes longer than you think.
- A Website has several pieces. Don’t cut corners.
- Balance glitz and guts.
- If you build it, they won’t necessarily come.
- Avoid bit decay: the site needs maintenance.
- Treat the Web team as professionals.
Clients often overlook some of these factors (not thinking about number 5 can be especially jarring when an new product launch fails).