New Mindshare open source project releases and Meteor 1.0.4
Hello world! This is just a quick news update on two of our flagship open source WordPress projects and an update on the the new Meteor release that came out yesterday.
Mindshare Theme API 0.8.4
A new version of our awesome Theme API plugin that empowers WordPress developers with over 60 additional template tags and dozens of kickass features was released yesterday.
Version 0.8.4 brings a couple of new functions and some bugfixes:
- PHP notice fix for [code]mapi_browser_from_ua()[/code]
- Added optional filter to add custom post types to “Right Now” box
- Added fn [code]mapi_has_role()[/code]
- Added fn [code]mapi_current_user_has_role()[/code]
Product page: https://mindsharelabs.com/downloads/mindshare-theme-api/
Blankout is Mindshare’s own workhorse starter theme package for WordPress built using Bootstrap. Blankout got a minor update that brings all the bugfixes and improvement of the latest Bootstrap version to the theme as well as few other minor improvements of our own:
Version 3.7.1 brings the following updates:
- Update Bootstrap to 3.3.4
- Added PHP filters for Gravity Forms to add Bootstrap classes
- Misc. minor improvements
Product page: https://mindsharelabs.com/downloads/blankout-wordpress-starter-theme/
The amazing Meteor platform got an update yesterday as well. If you haven’t heard about Meteor yet, it’s a web development platform built on NodeJS that we are currently focusing a lot of our attention on.
The new release brings a number of cool improvements to the project:
- Support for MongoDB 2.6 and MongoDB 3.0
- Several performance improvements including a 10x speedup for MongoDB
- Upgraded the Cordova tools from 3.5.1 to 4.2.0
- On the client, template instances now have a [code]Meteor.subscribe[/code] method that makes it much easier to manage DDP subscriptions directly from your view logic instead of from a separate [code]Tracker.autorun[/code]
- A new reactive method on Template instances called [code]subscriptionsReady[/code] returns true when all of the subscriptions made with [code]TemplateInstance#subscribe[/code] are ready
- The Meteor server now provides raw access to the collection and database objects in the npm MongoDB driver